Passport and Visas:
- Tourists can obtain a renewable single-entry 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Egyptian airports for a 25 USD fee. A multiple entry visa is also obtainable for 60 USD.
- The Government of Egypt has created a website for the issuance of “e-visas.” There are other websites supporting to offer electronic visas, some of which reportedly charge double the official price, but this is the only official Government of Egypt portal for this service.
- Egyptian immigration officials occasionally have denied entry to travelers without explanation.
- Tourists who have experienced difficulty with their visa status in Egypt or are concerned about their eligibility for a visa upon arrival should apply for a visa at an Egyptian embassy or consulate prior to travel, but a visa obtained prior to entry does not guarantee admission to Egypt.
- Visas for gainful employment or study in Egypt must be obtained prior to travel.
For additional information on entering Egypt, please contact the nearest Egyptian Embassy
or Consulate or visit the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs